Are you a young refugee (not more than 28 years old) who have completed secondary school and need financial support to obtain a degree or diploma from a University or other higher institute?
If you fall into this group, you are invited to apply for limited new DAFI Scholarships (25 slots).
This scholarship programme is funded by the German Government and administered by UNHCR with the goal of helping refugees to access higher education.
Application forms are free of charge and are available at UNHCR Partners offices (JDPC, NCFRMI, FJDP, and Caritas) and UNHCR offices.
The application forms is also available online at; https://data2.unhcr.org/en/documents/details/69841
Applicants are encouraged to attach photocopy of final or provisional letter of admission from a university or higher institute to completed DAFI application forms as this will be given a priority consideration as part of the selection process.
Completed applications should be submitted by 30 June 2019 to any UNHCR offices below;
Submit paper based documents in an envelope with your name on the outside to:
· UNHCR Ogoja Sub Office, Number 10 Hon. Paul Adah Way, GRA, Ogoja, Ogoja Local Government Area, Cross River State, Nigeria OR
· UNHCR Lagos Field unit, 13 Awolowo Road Ikoyi Lagos OR
· UNHCR Sub Office, 6 Clement Ebri Street Calabar OR
· UNHCR Field Unit, Former SOSO Rock Guest House, behind INEC Office, Adikpo OR
· UNHCR Branch Office, 9 Udo Udoma Crescent, Asokoro, FCT Abuja
The date of the interview will be communicated to the pre-selected applicants.
We encourage female refugees and candidates with special needs to apply.
Tags: DAFI,UNHCR,Refugees,Refugee,IDPs,Youths,Young People,Young women,Scholarship